Wednesday, September 10, 2014


A "base" for your eyelashes? Yeah, right. I am not the biggest fan when it comes to these special white magic wands who bring instant lenght and volume.
Apparently the highstreet versions have been doing wonders according to fellow bloggers, but my scepticism said to try an affordable version first...



ESSENCE brought this flashy white fellow to the makeup stand for only €2,58. The fact that a friend of mine texted me a few days before, asking me all about these white mascara wizards and me bumping into an affordable version, made me curious... Just the 'What if...?'. It felt like my duty as a beauty addict to help her with her hunger for full and long lashes. 


ESSENCE is know for their 'wet' consistency, so I expected nothing less from this one. As you can see on the brush, there is indeed a lot of product on the bristles. What also awakened my curiousity was the word 'creamy' on the back... Creamy? I thought they used fibers in a white mascara base? The back of the mascara told me that I should apply one layer of this mascara first and to immediately apply my black mascara afterwards.
To me, this sounded a little odd; wet mascara and another mascara on top gives clumps and spiders legs... Not exactly what I like in a mascara!


I curled my lashes and applied one even layer of the mascara base (I did take a lot of product of the brush, it was far to clumpy and messy otherwise). What I didn't do was applying my black mascara immediately afterwards. I tried it the first time and my lashes clumped together... So I let the white mascara dry a little, before applying one layer of my beloved FALSE LASH WINGS from L'OREAL. The left eye is the white mascara and one coat of the False Lash Wings mascara from L'OrĂ©al, whilst the right eye is only curled with one coat of my black mascara.

You can see the significant difference between the two eyes; my left one is longer and has more volume, giving it a natural and elegant look. My right eye is just not 'there' for me, there is some definition going on, but not as noticable as when I apply two layers of the False Lash Wings mascara...

To be totally honest with you; I find it hard to tell if the ESSENCE LASH BASE gave me this long fluttering lashes, or if it was the fact that it already had two layers of mascara... On daily bases I apply two coats of the False Lash Wings mascara and it does give me the same length and a little volume...

SO it did not blow me away; the product is far to wet, there's too much on the brush and for me it didn't make enough of a change... I tried a mascara with fibres before and I do think that fibers make the difference and not a creamy white substance, that could have been black and sold as a regular mascara...


What are your thoughts?