Wednesday, March 25, 2015


Finally here for the first time on Coeur Belgique: The Beauty Bag!
A new segment where friends, bloglovers, beauty addicts and newbies can share their makeup and what they love about the products they use.
If you are as curious as me and get excited when people start applying their makeup:
You are in the wright place.

First up: Eva.
One of my bestest of bestest friends: aspiring teacher, crazy fish lady, bookworm and special caretaker of orchids. Because of me she wears lipstick and on special occasions even eyeshadow. 
Get comfy and learn...


I love all the different types of girls. You have the ones who wear makeup but don't really now the theorie behind the product and its use. You have the all natural beauties who don't get near makeup. You have the ones who want to understand, but don't really succeed and then there is my category: the ones who will ask all the weird questions about the product aka beauty bloggers/ addicts.

Maybe it isn't the nicest description 'addicts', but if a gorgeous new beauty product gets your blood pumping... you are. Whilst I was questioning Eva 'why' and 'what', she looked at me if I was talking Chinese. Because why would she care about pigmentation, oiliness, drying effects etcetera of using certain products? 


Since Eva hasn't the clearest of skin, she likes to use the Garnier BB Cream and the Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder as a non-camera filter. It evens out her complexion and smooths any imperfections. Perfect for a natural and light base!

When she can choose to sleep in a bit longer or to apply makeup; she will go for the sleeping part. A lot of people forget how much work comes with being a aspiring teacher. This is where the Catrice Allround Coverstick comes in the picture. She likes how she can pinpoint conceal any little white headed bastards, quick, creamy and easy to use!


Eva has black lashes naturally, but when she is looking for a little more 'oomph', she loves using the Catrice The Giant Mascara. The form of the brush reminds me a lot of the Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara! While I am all about thick and noticable lashes from miles away, she is more into the soft long and little volume lashes. As I said, natural is key. She loves how waterproof the formulation is! She keeps telling me if I ever need a waterproof one: I have to try this one.

Now for the occasional date night, she loves a little eyeshadow. The Catrice Absolute Eyeshadow Palettes are really affordable and nice products. My favourite of them all is the 'Absolute Nude', a total musthave for starters. New to her collection is the 'Absolute Rose' to get those blue eyes shining...

Left to Right: Bourjois Color Boost in Plum Russian // Catrice Made to Stay Smoothing Lip Stain in Jen & Berry's // Bourjois Color Boost in Orange Punch // Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty

Her favourite lipstick is by far the Catrice Made to Stay Smoothing Lip Stain in Jen & Berry's. I raved about these and I still love them deeply. I don't have this colour in my collection, yet. Catrice should contact her for her selling skills and this one! She converted a lot of friends! 

When she does want to wear a lipstick; her favourite are always the more reddish pink colours. What a classy lady we have here. 


I hope you enjoyed the first one many to come!