Monday, March 2, 2015


Shortest month of the year and yet the busiest. Getting back on track with my blog, classes and the work that comes with it. Plus we cannot forget all the social activities! When I got home past Friday I crashed, literally. My brain and body were cooked. I went to bed and slept for a solid 14h straight. 




I have been obsessed with these Make-up Boxes from Essence. When they finally came in store, I bought the How To Make Your Face Wow! -box and I don't regret it. I love the sweet packaging, it reminds a lot of Benefit! The 'bronzer' in the box has been my OTH (One True Highlighter). It's a gorgeous warm golden glow, J-Lo better watch out! But I also really like the peachy blush that comes in the box!

Next up are my favourite lipproducts: the Rimmel Exagerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob and the Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 04 On The Catwalk! First up, the lipliner; a matte my-lips-but-better AND some beauty bloggers rumor that it's a good dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat lipliner in Pillow Talk! It stays all day and helps to make my lipstick last that one bit longer. 
One of my favourite lipsticks of the month has been the Essence Longlasting Lipstick in On The Catwalk. It is a gem. Gorgeous rosy, just bitten kissable lips. 

A new discovery this month is the Catrice Velvet Finish Concealer in Velvet Rose. Thick consistency, easy to blend and a good highlight as well. Although I still like the Light Reflecting concealer from Catrice, this one covers more when I want to use eyeshadow. Still no intentions to have dark circles and walk around like a glamourous vampire. 

Some swatches, from left to right; Essence 'Cool Nude' / Essence 'On The Catwalk' / Rimmel lipliner in Eastend Snob / Catrice concealer / Essence Highlighter.


To set the record straight, I am still single, but oh boy. This eyeshadow palette gives me life. This Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette from The Balm is the bomb. Beautiful pigmentation, gorgeous matte shades and a nice selection of them. I have been loving these to blend my eyeshadow or as a base! A definite musthave. 

When I went to Berlin, I didn't feel comfortable bringing my glass bottle of perfume, so basically I took all the samples that my mom had, sorry not sorry. I knew when my brother chased me up the stairs to ask if it was me that smelled sooooo nice, I had hit the jackpot. The black Narciso Rodriguez for her is perfection. A dark, sultry and bit heavy scent, but man oh man, does it make me feel like I am Gigi Hadid on the catwalk...

My other favourite lipstick has been this nude gem. Essence did good with bringing out a new collection: 'I Love Nude'. There are far too many products that I want, but not without me going broke. I picked 'Cool Nude' after reading a blog post from Mia's Little Corner where she said this was a dupe for MAC Faux Lipstick. I love this colour on me, it is almost a darker my lips-but-better! 

And for last: I have been using my Essence Brow Powder for contouring as well. Whaatt?! Yes, for contouring. I thought why not? It is a cooler brown and so far I still think I am genius for doing this. Sheldon Cooper, I am coming for you. 

So these have been my favourites! What are yours? Any products to recommend?