Wednesday, May 27, 2015


Do I dare to say that the sun is finally here to stay?
I probably ruined it for the rest of the month now, haha! Whenever Summer comes around, my classic red lipstick gets replaced with a more summer approved red.
Read: a gorgeous warm orange-red.

As I went through my lipstick drawers I realised I found a perfect dupe for the MAC Toledo lipstick in Matte Barbecue...




I know, I know, just on time with this post. MAC Toledo-collection is so two months ago.
Excusez-moi, but it happens a lot that shades or certain products make comebacks in other collections, no worries needed as it seems.

MAC lipsticks are on the pricier side: €19 for one - collection lipsticks come at €21 for one. The Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil only costs €7! And not only the 'Fab Orange' is gorgeous, the entire colour selection is pretty amazing.  Plus, many beauty bloggers have said they are ought to be dupes for the Nars pencils!


MAC Toledo - Matte Barbecue

I absolutely love orange-red colours for Summer! Although it says 'matte', it is still very comfortable on the lips! I do think that dry lips are no good foundation for matte lipsticks, so get your balm on before applying! It wears beautifully during the day and eating or drinking is no obstacle! This lipstick is there to stay!



Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in Fab Orange

A slighty more red than the Mac one, but you need a magnifying-glass to notice! The same findings apply here: gorgeous wear, comfortable on the lips, not afraid of some food or liquid and super extremely easy to apply! Since it is a pencil, you don't need a lipliner! Hooray!



Can you tell which one is on my upper lip and which one is on the bottom?
Leave your thoughts in the comments below!



As you can see, they are incredibly similar, so DUPE ALERT. I really do suggest to go and pick the Maybelline one up if you don't have the MAC one already! It is such a great product for its price, like ah-ma-zing. 

Did you guess correctly? MAC was applied on my upper lip and the Maybelline one on the bottom! Crazy, right?

What is your favourite orange-red lipstick for Summer?